Test Motors, through its Testim predictive maintenance tool, to detect when it is necessary to lubricate the bearing of the rotating machine, and allows also to know when this lubrication is successful.
When a lubricant has lost its lubrication characteristics, it increases the magnitude of the vibration of the bearing at specific frequencies, which indicate the start of a possible defect of machine lubrication.
With continuous monitoring and vibration as is done with Test Motors TestIM system allows real-time detection increased machine vibrations associable to lubrication failure thereof. Thanks to the machine lubrication should be reduced vibration level, reaching the initial states of vibration before the deterioration of the lubricant.
Therefore, by detecting the increase of vibration, the system alerts the customer TestIM_SMARTSOFT to perform lubrication of the bearing. Once this lubrication, the system detects if it becomes normal levels of machine vibration, thereby indicating that the lubrication process was successful and the machine can continue to operate until further notice.
In this way, we will make the process of re-lubrication of the machine when this process really necessary and machine require it, saving this way all processes extras or additional lubrication that are made throughout the year and it really would not be necessary. Therefore, we saved by way of material and labor. thus arriving to make a really efficient lubrication process.
VALIDATION OF THE RESULTS
As we can see in the accompanying graph, how to run Testim it is: detects vibrations increase (substandard performance), indicating a deficit in lubrication or deficit in the behavior of the lubricant of the machine; the system warns Testim by email to the customer for a new lubrication; as a result of this relubrication decreasing vibrations to normal levels (standard operation) is detected, therefore, lubrication was performed at the right time and properly.
TestIM is the right tool for lubrication processes rotating machines, making processes fully efficient lubrication at the time and in the right way suing the machine.
- Vibrations: Accelerometers permanently installed on the machines. Detect mechanical failures.
- Magnetic field: Sensor to detect electrical failures of the electric motor of the machine.
- Spectrum of currents and voltages: For detection of electrical faults of the machine and the motor rotor.
- Leakage: To detect failures related to electrical insulation of the machine.
- Temperature and speed: Temperature Sensing bearings and windings of the machine speed and accurately.
- Current and voltage excitation: It can detect related to the excitation of machine breakdowns, exciter machine, rotary diode elements, …
DATALOGGER AND EXPERT SOFTWARE(TestIM_DAQ y TestIM_SMARTSOFT):
- Datalogger: responsible for collecting information from the sensors and send it to the server where the expert software is installed.
- Expert software: Software that interprets the sensor data and predict the failure of the machine. In case of failure sends a warning email.