Through the TestIM tool, Test Motors monitors two new medium voltage wound rotor motors of a single process machine within the wood manufacturing sector. One engine with 800kW power and another engine with 600kW power. These two motors drive two fans that are key to drying the wood production process.
TestIM, the on-line predictive maintenance solution implemented by Test Motors, is based on the installation of sensors permanently on the machine, the installation of a data logger in charge of receiving information from these sensors and software expert in charge of interpreting the data and making the warning of the breakdown that the machine is developing, in its initial state.
TestIM will notify you immediately, from your office, from the factory, or from the living room of your home, by SMS or automatically generated email messages, if a maintenance operation is necessary in the following hours, days, weeks, or that has worsened the state of the most critical engine of your factory.
DESCRIPTION OF THE MACHINE:
For the case of asynchronous rotor wound motors, Test Motors has the expert fault prediction software TestIM SmartSoft, which is able to detecting typical faults such as those related to collector rings and brushes, which suffer great wear during the operation of the machine.
The monitoring of rotor currents can detect the wear of the manifold assembly and the brush, and program a replacement of these components without causing the machine to stop.
This machine is also characterized by having liquid resistances, with which a smooth starting of the pump can be guaranteed.
- Vibrations: Accelerometers permanently installed on the machines. Detect mechanical failures.
- Magnetic Field: Sensor to detect electrical failures of the electric motor of the machine.
- Spectrum of currents and voltages: For detection of electrical faults of the machine and the motor rotor.
- Spectrum rotor currents and voltages: For detection of faults in the rotor of the machine and the collector – brush set.
- Leakage: To detect failures related to electrical insulation of the machine.
- Temperature and speed: Temperature Sensing bearings and windings of the machine speed and accurately.
DATALOGGER AND EXPERT SOFTWARE (TestIM_DAQ y TestIM_SMARTSOFT):
- Datalogger: responsible for collecting information from the sensors and send it to the server where the expert software is installed.
- Expert software: Software that interprets the sensor data and predict the failure of the machine. In case of failure sends a warning email .